5 Real-World Ideas to Promote Your URL
Promoting your website online is terrific but there are actually are some reasons that you should promote it offline as well. You can get quite a bit of traffic by promoting offline, depending on what your URL actually is and how you advertise it. Obviously, you need to generate some interest with the way that you’re distributing your URL. When you have the perfect set up, here are five real-world ideas to get the word out there.
1. Put your URL on all of your business cards. Even if you don’t have business cards normally, make up some business cards. If you already have business cards that don’t feature your URL, have some new ones made. The cost will be worth it. 1. Put your URL on all of your business cards. Even if you don’t have business cards normally, make up some business cards. If you already have business cards that don’t feature your URL, have some new ones made. The cost will be worth it.
2. Print your message on a few T-shirts and sweatshirts for you and your family members along with your URL and then wear them around town. Again, you need to give them a reason to visit the URL, but if you can do that you will drive quite a bit of traffic to your site from right there in your own city or town.
3. Another thing that you can do along this same vein is to put your URL and your message on the side of your vehicle. In fact, put it on both sides if you can manage it. This will cost some money and a will mean that you’ll be stuck with advertising on your vehicle for a while but it will be worth it if you can drive a great deal of traffic to your website that will convert into customers.
4. Put your URL somewhere where a lot of people will see it. For example, advertising on bus benches is surprisingly inexpensive for the benefit that you’ll get. In fact, you might even consider a small billboard if you can get a good deal on one. Look for ways to maximize your exposure while minimizing your costs.
5. Set up a referral program. Get people in your town to refer others to your website so that they’ll get a discount or something for free. In fact, you don’t even need to do it just in your own town. You can have your customers anywhere advertise in the real world and give them a discount or free item when they refer someone. Referral programs are popular among retailers and e-commerce merchants because they work.